Ingredients (Makes about 4 quarter slices)
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Ceremonial Grade Matcha Waka or Sai
- 2 thick (3/4") sliced bread, Japanese shokupan/white bread or brioche is ideal
- 1 3/4 cup milk or dairy of choice
- 3 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- neutral flavored oil or butter to coat/grease the pan
- whipped cream (optional)
- azuki beans (optional)
1. Slice each bread further in half or if using a brioche loaf, slice to 3/4" thickness. Set aside.
2. In a bowl or chawan, prepare Matcha, koicha or thick-style by whisking Matcha with a little bit of milk until a smooth paste forms.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and milk until combined. Add sugar and the thick Matcha and further whisk until blended.
4. Soak the bread in the mixture for a few minutes.
5. Sautee the Matcha soaked bread slices in a frying pan over medium heat, until both sides are slightly golden.
6. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and/or azuki beans for a luxurious brunch or afternoon tea time.
Photo & modified recipe courtesy: Key To Teas Graphic Designer